Well, here it is. The first trailer for Making it Happen. It’s a mockumentary that tells the story of Andy, a salesman, who helps Nicci (a single mum) and Doug (an unemployed) man, to realise their dreams. Andy shows us some of his sales techniques, and tells us that he is already living the dream that so many of his customers want to live, although the reality doesn’t seem to match up to the dream. Maybe Andy is convincing himself for his own self-preservation. In reality, he is part of the marketing machine – as much a victim of the empty promise of achieving his dreams through consumption as his customers. Although the characters are fictional, the script is based on real stories from consumers.
- “And henceforth, the first Monday in August should be designated national “Netflix and chill” day. Because, baby, i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @aliceinframes: Teachers of Twitter! How are you teaching #criticalliteracy? #Phenomenom's latest ep. helps Ss make better choices for t… 1 week ago
- The taxi service in #qatar is better than @Uber Now there's something you don't expect to hear. Try to calm down an… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- @m_jns @the_AEMC @JoshFrydenberg When has @the_AEMC listened to consumer behaviour experts. They’re energy experts.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- RT @m_jns: We had consumer behaviour experts (@IAmPaulHarrison) and everything, but apparently "more information before you sign" was the a… 1 month ago
- RT @cphiggin: Hey @Budget .... no, this is not cool. A closed booth, only two staff on at Avis and a loooong line. Why advertise you’re ope… 1 month ago
- Whoever designs these apps is an idiot and doesn’t speak English very well. The response to asking to cancel should… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 months ago