Well, here it is. The first trailer for Making it Happen. It’s a mockumentary that tells the story of Andy, a salesman, who helps Nicci (a single mum) and Doug (an unemployed) man, to realise their dreams. Andy shows us some of his sales techniques, and tells us that he is already living the dream that so many of his customers want to live, although the reality doesn’t seem to match up to the dream. Maybe Andy is convincing himself for his own self-preservation. In reality, he is part of the marketing machine – as much a victim of the empty promise of achieving his dreams through consumption as his customers. Although the characters are fictional, the script is based on real stories from consumers.
- RT @Vic_Rollison: I think it's time we started asking not why 'the left' are aghast at Hanson's autism comments but why 'the right' aren't! 13 hours ago
- A key ingredient of progress is epistemic humility. 13 hours ago
- Awful experience @KLM Lost friend's luggage. Now taking two days to return. On their terms. Sometime between 3:30-6:30pm #neveragain #fail 2 weeks ago
- @1RossGittins speaks the truth. Universities should provide real support for research that engages with the world. smh.com.au/business/innov… 3 weeks ago
- I reckon @jeffreygoldlum as the face of @Menulog is probably the best promotional campaign I've seen this year. 1 month ago
- $26.80 for @Uber X ride from home to @Melair in clean, comfy car. $49.90 for @13cab in dirty, uncomfortable taxi van home. #consumerchoice 1 month ago
- @Telstra Any ongoing maintenance in the Thornbury area? Our cable internet has been dropping out regularly for the past 2 - 3 weeks. 1 month ago